Friday, August 27, 2010

What's that Sound?

The oldest daughter came to me last night and said that something was wrong with her truck. It seams when she puts on her brakes it makes a loud grinding noise.
What a shame, that little extra money was going to go to the solar oven tomorrow but now it is going to buy a new set of breaks. The thing is, that set is not even a year old! Teenagers and breaks just do not go together.

After the break job tomorrow, I plan to finish the oven anyway. I found some plywood laying around work today to finish the sides and now with a slight modification in design due to the money issue, It should be cooking muffins by tomorrow evening.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished oven!

    Good job raising a daughter who actually knows how to LISTEN to her vehicle. Not that common, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if I can get her to change her own breaks that would be something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a suggestion that she help you change the brakes. It's always good for a woman to know about cars. Wish I would have learned:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha It would have been easier if he wouldn't have put the right on the left and vise versa :) Now he just has to teach me to change my own oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you would have got the right ones in the first place it would have been much quicker. I bet you learned something today and next weekend you can do the front while I watch.

    ReplyDelete