Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nothing Really


Even though I was fired up and ready this morning, nothing really happen today. I just could not get fired up to get out in the heat and doing anything. As a matter of fact, I even stayed home from my niece's birthday party because I just did not want to get out in it. Call me a wimp or what ever, but superman even has his weakness, mine just happens to be 100+ degree heat.

The wife and I did get a chance to run over to some friends of ours house from church and pick out our new pygmy goat buck. The lady last month gave us four bucks and five nannies and even though the bucks were good, we did not know who was who's son and who was who's daddy. We ended up getting rid of the bucks to start a new blood line so nothing would be left to chance. Just as they were given to us, we gave them to some good friends who needed new blood in their herd. I think you can breed them back one or twice but I think the ones we got from her were on three or four.
Of all the things I did not bring my camera with me so I did not get any pics of him. The nannies I have now are due in a couple of months and I do not know who they were bred back with so it is like rolling the dice this round. This new buck should be ready by spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment