This weekend I got most of what was planned accomplished.
The focus was all on the Solar Bathhouse and getting it so close to being done I could almost stick a fork in it.
The first and most important thing to do was pressurize the system and check for leaks. Being that I am a better plumber than I thought, no leaks were found and we were good to go.
The bathhouse was already close to being done but the weather and work has kept me from doing the finishing touches to it I was wanting.
I finally got the sink all finished and it works like a dream. Yes that is a salad bowl I am using for a sink.
The two lanterns were hung and the toilet paper holder was built.
The composting toilet to done and ready to be used.
After this picture I also hung the mirror and put up the curtains.
It took three shower curtains but that baby is now wrapped and ready for use.
After the picture I installed towel and cloths hangers using old horse shoes and placed towels on the shelves. It looks better than the bathroom that is in the house now.
The wall that BEB is staining right there is the wall where the middle girl is going to do her art work for me (I think it has something to do with a Rattle snake).
I put a new pane of glass in the window and scraped off all the over spray so now it is a real pretty window looking out over the gardens.
The youngest painted the solar water heater box black for me to help adsorb some more heat.
The high for the day was 65 and I measured the temp on the water at 115 degrees.
The signs for all who helped sponsor the bathhouse will be going to the right of the door. Those will start being made next weekend.
Tonight I lit the lanterns and tested the water for my first shower. It was cloudy all day in the upper 50's and the water temp was only 90 degrees. I was a little disappointed but I will get plenty of use out of it this summer.