The sewer is back on line and everything is flowing again operating as normal. Even the sprinkler heads the Llama ate have been replaced. Everything is new now and should last a couple of more years, I hope. I tried all week to find the best deal on the parts but these specialty items never go on sale. I hate paying full cost on anything.
Speaking of which,
I mentioned earlier this week about building a sprinkler system for the raised beds. Let me just say there is a benefit to being a hoarder. I was able to scrounge around and find almost everything I need to build the complete system, I don't know why I didn't do it before.
We planted the fall gardens a couple of weeks ago and just as the tinder little sprouts came up, the sun and heat zapped them dead.
To at least have something for the winter, we had to come up with this sprinkler system and replant the gardens.
I am two weeks to a month behind on things like corn, green beans and squash but if we have a late winter it should be ok, if not then we will do without.
I had everything on hand except the sprinkler heads and the little risers which I got on sale. Each bed is 16'X4' and has two full circle shrub heads for full coverage. There are valves at the front of each bed making it possible to irrigate one at a time. Total project cost, $8.00 to irrigate five raised beds. The cost if I was not a Hoarder, $80.00 .