Friday, September 24, 2010

New Chicks

Sorry I have not posted in the last couple of days. I have been getting home from work later than usual.
The bad luck few weeks are behind us now. Even with the new set back of a nice little letter from the IRS saying we own them a gob of money from 2008, I refuse to be put in a bad mind frame anymore. If the house burns tomorrow, then we will have a winner roast.

This weekend the weather is going to be fantastic with highs being in the mid 70's. It is a shame that I will be spending half of it sitting a class room learning how to treat my own poo. Sunday looks like a good work day and believe me, I need it as bad as it needs it. I need to work off some of this spent up aggression.

The wife got in another shipment of chicks today. I have not had a chance to find out how many or what kinds they are. All I know is, we have a lot of baby chicks running around. Every tub I look in there is a light bulb and chicks. It is really funny.
The main problem is, we do not have a in between pen for them yet. That is the time when they are old enough to start getting out but still to young to run with the big hens.
I have a little 16'X6' double "tween" pen planned out and ready to build when the funds come available.
Sorry no pics tonight but it was already dark when I got home. Plenty of pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment