Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Isn't It Ironic

Last weekend The Mini Farm had customers. It was good to sell some animals and start having income from the farm once again.
After last years disasters, it has been a steady climb back up a slippery hill. The incubators have not shut off in last four months and we started to have animals everywhere. Though we still have a long way to go to be where we were at this time last year, it is still progress.

It was good to show off the Bathhouse and hear the Ohhhs' and Awwws'. The Supporter name plates are up and I made a point to show them off for all to see.
We still need to grow a little more before we can actually do what we did last year and open the Mini Farm one weekend a month and sell the crafts and homemade items. The wife is steadily making more and more stuff to fill the tables.  

Saying all that, just as soon as we started selling, the well started giving us fits again. It seems like every time we get going something tells us "no your not." Last night I had to baby sit it while everyone took showers. It was cloudy and cold yesterday or they would have used the bathhouse instead.
I could not help but laugh out loud, and wondered how much this was going to cost.

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it always something? I am a new reader to your blog and need to go back to see what happened. But, your bathhouse is indeed fabulous. Both my husband (Deputy Dave) and I read it together. It was awesome to read all of the details of the construction, the water containment, etc., Very inspiring.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana - Plain and simple, I spent everything we earned expanding the business last year and when the well went down twice and the AC once, we had to sell our breeding stock and our animals to raise the money to fix our problems. So now we are starting all over again.
    I have been reading back posts of yours as well. I wish I could get a TV spot like that, what a dream.
    Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step forward and two steps back. Sometimes you just have wonder....what am I doing wrong? I have felt at times if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - One of the things I chose to do different this year is not to think in a negative way. It has already been a challenge but it is going good.
    I now just sit back and laugh about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your chin up. I can't wait to get up that way. - Genevive

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds to me like y'all are just normal....does'nt everyone experience the two step forward, one step back way of life, especially these days? i know that i do...until i remember about making my mistakes into lemonade. sometimes it takes some real brainstorming to recover or even break even with mistakes and small or large disasters but i guess i was just born to be an optimist and dreamer...i get more creative with my goof ups and lo behold, sometimes i hit on better ideas and things actually work out afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that always the way... it's always something. But you are doing great! I'm very impressed with all your family is doing! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, sounds like things can get going again! I hope ya do good this year. I'd like to try something like that too. Maybe in a few....... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just the powers that be tugging on your chain to remind you that "they" are in control. You wont have anymore trouble after this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G - It's up. No problems just Ironic.

    Anony - I agree and it is expected. I may not like normality but it is what it is. This was not a post about complaining or being negative, just stating a fact.

    Kelly - Thank you for the kind words. I intend to do just that.

    SFG - That is the plan. We have been rebuilding all fall and winter now. I am positive everything will turn out.
    Thank you for stopping by.

    sista - Even if it does it will be all short lived. This 40 thing has got me to look at it all in humor rather than disgust.
    Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete