After a couple of comments and several emails I decided to post the recipe tonight.
Yesterdays post was more about the idea of feeding all these chickens and having no eggs to eat but I should have known better.
Sorry I did not get any pics of the food but if you use your imagination and think of a cooked meatloaf with BBQ sauce on top then you get the gist. Next time I will take pictures, promise. The girls just ate the last little bit so next time I will. Ahh there is nothing like leftover Friday.
The story is, the wife does not like meatloaf and me and the kids love it so I look for different ways to make it on the hopes one day she will say "That is a party in my mouth" and then I can make it at least once a week instead of every couple of months.
I found this off of Tastymeatloafrecipes.com
(I put what I changed in red because I had to double the recipe to feed all 5 of us)
Barbecue Meatloaf Ingredients
• 1/2 pound each ground beef, pork, and turkey (I used 2 lbs of beef and 1 lb of turkey)
• 1 cup milk (2 cups)
• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (1/2 tsp)
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (2 1/2 tbs) (plus 2 tbs of liquid smoke)
• 1/4 cup chopped onion (1 cup)
• 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (did not use)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt (1 1/2 tsp)
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (1 1/2 tsp)
• 1 clove garlic, minced (3 cloves)
• 3 slices white bread torn into very small pieces ( 6 slices)
• 1 large egg, beaten ( 1 goose egg) (that's funny right there)
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (1 cup or so)
(For the pork side I fried a bunch of bacon and layered it in the center of the meat when I put it in the pan)
(it makes for a really good look when you slice it, kinda like bacon stuffed meatloaf)
Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except barbeque sauce in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a 5 x 9 inch ungreased meatloaf pan. Pour barbecue sauce over the tope of the meatloaf.
Bake meatloaf for 1 1/4 hours or until center is no longer pink. If using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of the meatloaf should be 180 degrees.
Let meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before removing from pan to serve. You can serve with additional barbecue sauce if desired.