Sunday, June 27, 2010

What A Weekend!



This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. Even with a small set back with rain yesterday morning, the rest of the time was hot, muggy and down right fun.
Robbers cave is nestled right in the San Bois Mountains, the secret heart of one of Oklahoma's last refuges for desperadoes like the James Brothers and Belle Starr. Located about 5 miles North of Wilburton Oklahoma. If you are into hiking, rock climbing or just laying around in the water, this is the place to go.

I won't bore you with to many pictures so here are just a couple few.








Geocaching at the caves.






That's me squeezing my big butt through a very small space.









Very nice view.













This place had it all. Swimming pool, paddle boats, canoe rentals, museum, wild life center, 50 miles of hiking, nature and horse trails.
I wished we could have stayed for one more day.
I was a tourist with a pop up camper and I didn't care

Now it's back to the farm and back to work. A big thanks to Mom and Dad for looking out and taking care of the animals and the mother-in-law so we could get a much needed break. We couldn't have gone without there help.

Also I want to give a howdy to Shegre for joining the Modern Day Redneck family. If you have any questions or know of any topic you need my redneck opinion on, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment