Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bonafied Cricket Farmer


They are in there, I promise. The wife bought me 75 crickets today and when she put them in the 55 gallon aquarium , they disappeared.

Just in case you are wondering, I used pete moss in the bottom because the crickets need a soft base to dig into so they can lay their eggs. I put hay in the corner for the babies to have shelter from the adults so they will not be eaten. For food, I ground up chicken laying mash and for the water I am using water gel. The sticks in the middle are nothing more than just for climbing around on. To top it off I used an old sheet.
The one problem is the heat. I hope they don't get to hot or they will all die and I will have to wait till fall to try it again because they are not going in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment