Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hanging With The Pigs


Most of the day was spent just hanging around with the pigs up at the AG barn. As a matter of fact, six hours were spent there for the local FFA livestock show.
For a small town show I was impressed with the number of pigs, goats and steers that were shown.

We won second in our class but did not place in showmanship. The pig decided he had enough and just laid down right in front of the judge and refused to go any more. My middle girl tried and tried to get it up and going but the pig just dug himself in deeper and hollered like it was being killed. My poor girl just hung her head in defeat. It was the funnest thing I have seen in a while.






We all had a great time. My daughter even won second in the tractor driving contest and she was really happy about that.

So needless to say I didn't get any work done on the mini farm but Sunday is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment