Sunday, March 28, 2010

Couldn't Stand It


The wind finally settled down around noon today. The wife, kids and I spent the morning doing some odds and ends on the mini barn like putting in the predator barriers around the bottom of the barn walls and hanging the middle gate.

After lunch the weather turned out to be so nice, I just could not wait till Tuesday to get the planks to skin the barn. So with a little encouragement to "get er done" by the wife, I went ahead made the trip into town. I was only able to get 150 boards, but it was enough to at least do the walls. I still need about 30 to 40 more for the eaves and still need all the trim boards but at least I have walls now.
I was really proud of the family today. They all pitched in, worked hard and helped out. The wife outdid herself and stayed with me till the last screw was put in. We might just have the chickens home by Easter.

The mini chickens are hatched and will be here Saturday. We have to set up a brood area in the house for them to stay for the next month and that will also buy me some time to get their little area ready.

The wife set up an area in the house to get some seeds started. The green house is still a ways off from being built so she had to make due.
Lavender, Jalapenos, Brandy Wine Tomatoes and Cheery Tomatoes.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I need to build me a barn too. This is dl from PL.I misspelled a word in the first post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a lot of work, but it is finally coming together. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete