Sunday, May 2, 2010
All & All
I sure was glad to have the weekend off to get some much needed work done. Even tho I did not get the little building from my brother's house, I still made some progress.
The little building has to be moved all or nothing. Taking it apart and trying to reassemble it would destroy the most of the wood. I plan to make an attempt at it next weekend but it might just be easyer to build one myself.
The new chicken yard is done and the chickens are loving it. The fence does not have all the rail boards on it yet but at least it will hold them. We worked till we ran out of screws again. I thought I had enough but I came up a box short. I also still need 40 more 2x4s to complete it.
I had to modify the barn area where the goats were going to be at into a coop. I made a 2 1/2 door and just wired the other half. I hope this is just a temporary ordeal because if not, I am afraid I will be force into building another barn just for the mini goats.
Switching gears I worked on the rabbit pen until, yup you guessed it, I ran out of screws on that as well. At least I have to boards to finish it.
Maybe this week I will get off a little early a day or two and be able to stop by the hardware store and finish these two things out.
I was hoping to paint next weekend but I think Mothers day might mess that up for me.