Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Got The Bug

These pictures are of my girls.

The high today was 35 degrees with the wind 10 to 15 mph out of the North, but it was nice and sunny. I made a couple of attempts to get out and do something today but each time was met with the shivering cold and me cursing the weather. I sought refuge inside the barn thinking I could at least get some kind of organizing done only to find out all that water from the yesterday floods ran through it and some of the water is still there.

When my Dad had the tractor over a month or so ago he tried to cut a swell down the side of the barn to divert some of the water. He quickly found that it is not going to happen till summer. The sun is to low during the winter and that side of the barn does not get any sunlight and stays nasty wet. I am beginning to wonder what the heck I got myself into here.

I was about to give up and just lay on the couch when I got the bug. If I could not organize the barn, then I will redo the pantry. The wife got wind of what I was about to do and got out of the house as quick as she could. I am eyeballing the kitchen for tomorrow.

Last month I wrote about an electric bill that was over four hundred dollars. Just to let you know, my quick fix worked. Just taking the pantry door off and giving the return air a chance to return saved over 150.00 dollars this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment