Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Research

A arctic cold front is moving in tonight so I have been getting everything ready for it. I still have not replenished my wood pile yet and just hope I have enough for the cold snap. I had to re insulate some pipes due to the single digit temperatures they are forecasting and bring what little wood is left up to the house.


It has been slow at work for the last couple of days so I have had time to do some research on a wind generator. I think I am going to go with the design at http://www.velacreations.com/chispito.html
This will be my first attempt at creating power to use, so failure is an option at this time. I am not looking to run my house just yet, I am just wanting to experiment and run some occasional lights in the animal barn, tool shed and green house. Velacreations gives good detailed directions to DIY and links to other sites for a more in depth understanding if need be. I am not an electrician and know very little about electricity. The web site http://www.all-you-need-is-solar.com/electricity-explained.html helped explain how it all works and now it is as clear as mud.

I also have been looking into other designs for a solar oven. I have cooked with solar but this time I am wanting something a little bigger and better. John Wells at The field Lab built this oven and I found it on the website http://www.builditsolar.com/ .
It gives step by step instructions on how to build it and make it work. I think this one might just be the one I build.




No comments:

Post a Comment