Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Bloom


The wife got really excited that her Christmas Cactus is starting to bloom. I guess with all the high dollar heat in the house I would bloom too.

Not much to report today. I got a chance to do some much needed burning before dark. One good thing is, the wife knew a guy who was cleaning out his barn and she was able to grab a pickup load of good cooked down dirt . The dirt out here is that black gumbo mess and without a huge amount of work, time and money, it will never be good enough to plant our vegetables in so I can not use it. She was able to fill up half of a raised bed. At least now we can plant onions at the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. You should see it now it is opening up and is so beautiful.. I love the simple things in life :)

    ReplyDelete