I don't think I spent much time in the house this weekend. I even missed the race yesterday because I just wanted to hang around in the shop. There has been a lot on my mind this week causing a lot of stress and worry so I just wanted to escape it all get my mind on something else.
Trim work still needs to be done at every panel joint and that will be done through the week. Now that the time has changed I will be able to work on it two or three hours each night, when it dries out, if I want to.
This view is the door. You can see in the back where the solid piece is, that is where the nesting boxes will be.
With that much effort given to practice and the octagon point actually turning out so good I decided to alter the design where I could use it. Now there will be a "Pop Up" roof on top of the main roof so the mock up will not go to waste. This point will sit two feet above the actual roof of the aviary and a bird perch, of sorts, will be up in the little round area. I don't know what it's called so I call it a "pop up"
I think this is turning out better than I figured. I wanted to do the best I could with this and take my time. I am sure I could have thrown something together in a day but this will be a focal point in the yard so I wanted it to look like I cared.
What good is this you ask, it's not. It has no prepper or homesteader function I can think of. Sure it could be used for rabbits, quail or whatever, but you know, everything I have built has been for that reason. I wanted to build something for the wife that did not have anything to do with anything except her happiness, that's it.
Have a great week,