Sunday, October 3, 2010

Got'r Done

I said I was going to do it and even though me and the family are wore out, we got the "tween" pen done. The chicks now have a new home. I tell you what, if it wasn't for the wife and kids I don't think it would have happen this quick. They were the biggest help. We had a little assembly line going. I would call out a measurement, Hannah (the middle girl) would mark it and the wife would cut it. Kylee (the youngest) helped out by nailing on the roll roofing like she has been doing it her whole life. It was a good build with quality family time to boot.


It is nowhere near full of chicks but at least both sides are being used. Right now I guess we have 30 in the left side at a month old and about 30 in the right side that is just a couple of weeks old. The eggs we set last week will be hatching in about two and half weeks so they will go streight to the brooder room.


We made it back to the people's house that are moving and blessing us with trailer loads of building materials. Let me tell you, these people are getting nicer and nicer every time we see them. Today I picked up 16 cattle and horse panels plus 13, ten foot chain link kennel panels. Man what a cool deal.
The kennel panels will be used to make mini chicken runs off the North side of the mini barn. That is the next project by the way.

When we finally showed up, after sitting on the side of the road for over an hour with a blown out trailer tire, the guy told me he had a deal for me. See, yesterday I was eyeballing his 30 gallon upright air compressor but knew I could not afford it. Well today he said I could have the compressor if I took his two dogs. One is a blue healer and the other is a Australian Shepperd. Man I want that compressor but I just can not justify have six dogs. I am torn! They are good dogs though.
I plan to go back this week to pick up a pile of 4x4's, 6x6's and butt load of 2 3/8 metal pipe that was left over from his fence. That pipe might turn into a pig pen and I already have plans for the rest.

Have a great week

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing and a haul! I don't know about the 6 dog thing, but I agree the compressor would be a blessing.

    I commented a few posts back but it's not there, so must be in cyberspace, Hmmmmm.

    The tween house is wonderful, we have one too and it also serves as an overflwo or as a animal hospital of sorts when not in regular use.

    Everything looks just great, so glad things are taking shape for you :o) I certainly know you've had your trying times, but you've come through them with many blessings and flying colors*wink*

    Blessings for your new week,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! Great job.

    Still no new Kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelle, Thank you for all your prayers. We did make it over the hill this time and I sure hope the next low is a long way away. It seams the highs are only peaks now and do not last long, but I guess it's all how you take it. The lord has helped us a lot in this little adventure we are on and I hope to stay in his favor. Thanks for the complements.

    Lzzy, Thats for the complement and the comment.

    ReplyDelete