Friday, April 30, 2010

Roses

Two times this week a couple friends came to me and voiced their concerned about me putting to much pressure on myself by needing to get the mini farm completed. They both said they feel I am going to give myself a heart attack with my "Got to get it done now" attitude. So if you don't mind I need to vent for just a sec and then I will get on with the weekend plans.
One friend said I am to high strung and need to relax and watch more sun sets. I said the only pressure I fell is when I look out the door and the daylight is gone and I know that I did not get what needs to be done, done. The other friend said I need to stop and smell the roses every once and while. My response to that was, You may go to your neighbors and smell their roses but I will build my own flower bed, work my own soil, plant my own flowers and then, I will smell my own damn roses.
This is my dream and I am living it. Work gets in the way of that dream from time to time, but it is a must. I am right at forty years old and sense I made it that far, I think I have learned what I like, what I can and can't do, when I need rest and when I need to sit back, watch the sun set and smell the roses, that I have grown myself.

The weekend plans have changed just a little. I made the trip to the box lumber store after work today and got a pickup load of 4x4s, 2x4s, fence pickets, and wire. The checkout lady even gave me 6 bags of concrete (holes in the bags, could not sell) just for making her laugh, now that's customer service.
Tomorrow I need to run down to the farm and evaluate this little building my brother gave me. I plan on taking some of it apart and seeing what it will take to get it to the house. Then another trip to the box lumber store for more concrete and then the farm store for some antibiotics for the chickens. The evening will be spent relaxing with a cook out and some good friends.
Sunday I am going to get the fence done for the other chicken yard so they will be happy and make more eggs. I just hope that is not to much pressure on me.

It was to dark to take any pictures tonight but I promise many tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment