Friday, April 16, 2010

Long Week

My real job just about took me out this week, 75 hours is way to many. At least I have the weekend off.

The wife did not take kindly to her rabbit being killed the other night so she set a trap the next night and sure enough caught the cat that killed her rabbit. Good for her!

We are planning a camping trip at the end of June and if I do not get started now with all the prep work, I will be scrambling on the last day. So I had to buy a receiver hitch for my truck this week so I could pull the camper. The Titan 4x4 sits so high that the trailer drags the ground when hooked up. I plan to install it tomorrow but first, I have to run into town for some supplies.

This weekend plans, if the rain holds off are.
  • Finish the rabbit pen behind the mini barn.
  • Build the last door on the mini barn to keep out varmints. I know it's a little late now.
  • Install receiver hitch on truck.
  • Move septic sprinklers far away from the house.
Didn't get home till late so no pics till tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Well Mr. Redneck,
    Looks like them cat's were not guilty. You still did good. With all the critters your gathering up you might need to grow a cat up from a kitten so they won't hurt you growing number of farm critters.

    You must have some regulars on buying those eggs. I bet they are good too. MMMMM, fresh eggs. I am from east Texas and I do remember Grannies fresh eggs.

    I bet there is a pretty decent market for rabbits too.

    We got the house and the work has begun. Oh, looks like I got some trapping to do myself. I seem to be having a squirrel problem. I have 2 holes in the eve and tunnels all up in my attic. Got to get them rascals gone pretty quick. They will tear up a lot.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, but it looks like I still have a cat problem. For the past two nights a cat has gotten a chicken. They are not getting into the coop area but are getting them right at dusk before we shut the door. I am heading out to McKinney flee market to see if I can find replacements.

    ReplyDelete