Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Karma....

As soon as I pushed the "Publish Post" button on yesterdays entry, my youngest daughter came running in the house saying Bat Man was missing. Bat Man is our new flemish giant buck rabbit the wife got about a week or so ago. Slipping on some shoes and grabbing the flash light I was on the search. The good news is, we found him. The bad news is, so did a dog. It seams he found a hole in the quail pin, made it bigger and jumped for freedom. Now we are on the search for another buck.
So there you go, that's karma. Live and learn.
Needless to say, I am taking the time and working on a better rabbit housing system.

NEW ARRIVALS:
The wife ran and picked up 10 more hens today. They are 20 week old Rhode Island Reds and they should be laying any day now. My egg guy wanted more eggs than I can produce and I really didn't want to buy and feed any more hens so he bought the chickens and gave them to me. All I have to do is make sure he gets the eggs.
I thought is was a good deal.
He has a demand of 20 dozen a week, that is 240 eggs. The way I figure it is, the average hen will lay about 6 eggs a week. So to meet the demand I need 40 hens. With today's added chickens I currently I have 20 hens laying and can produce around 10 to 11 dozen eggs a week.
That is really all the room I have for chickens and don't want any more.
I wonder where he plans on getting the other 10 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment