Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In Loving Memory

Sorry I have not posted in a few days but like I said, life around here has been turned upside down for the past couple of weeks.
As you know the Mother-In-Law was put in ICU last weekend and Sunday the 4th she went home to be with the Lord.
So if you want to hang around and keep reading, I will tell you a little bit about her.


I was asked by the family to write a eulogy to read at the funeral Thursday, I told them I couldn't. I wrote one for the Father-In-Law a few years back and they wanted the same kind words to flow out and give a representation of the life and love she had, I still said I couldn't. How could I?
Anything I wrote down or any words I might managed to say would only downgrade what she meant to us all. I wrote the obituary yesterday and was at a loss for words. What can you say about someone who you called mom for almost as many years as you called your own that? How do you sum up a lifetime of kindness and giving in only three short sentences or even a short paragraph?
So I decided to give it a try and sum up forty plus years of being a mom. I am not a poet but this is the only way it is coming to me. Lets see how it comes out.

She went through life's torments and pain,
Never expecting any riches or fame.
A mother of twins she carried and bore,
One was a girl who I love and adore.
A Grandmother to be with excitement and pride,
No matter what her love never died.
She put on a badge to protect us all,
I remember her how she stood proud and tall.
Through all her sicknesses she managed to wade,
Keeping her love so strong and never to fade.
The decision was made to let her go home,
No doubt in mind her spirit wouldn't roam.
With the whole family by her side,
I kissed the hand of an Angel before she died.

3 comments:

  1. God bless you and your wife. You will be in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tribute for her coming from her son-in-law! Sending prayers out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete