Thursday, November 4, 2010

Growing List

As you have figured out by now, when I get something on my mind I kinda get obsessed with it until I either build it or something else comes along and then I repeat the same pattern. The wife calls it a slight case of OCD. I call it, well, I really don't have a word for it yet but let me research it and get back to you.

The winter project list was a short and simple one a week or so ago. The main project consisted of building a incubator and a hatcher. Woooo big plans right? I worked the material list down to being able to build one for right at $100.00
Apparently that was not good enough or not enough pressure on me so now I added a Top Bar Bee Hive to the list of "Things To Build This Winter"

I think another reason why the garden did not bare fruit is because we do not have any bees out here. Plus I have always wanted bees. I love the honey and bees are one of the things I have never tried to raise. The bonus is, I get to dress up in a funny looking hat.
So this bee thing has been on my mind for the past few weeks and I have now become obsessed with it. I have read every article I can find plus I spent countless hours night after night watching U-tube on everything about them.
Thanks to the internet, I think I am now ready to start this up.

4 comments:

  1. hi david in denison i rased bees in denison hear verey good clover hunney do you intend to use rain wotter fore drinking ?at my cabin i hope to . will stay in tuch

    ReplyDelete
  2. If worse come to worse, yes I will use it for drinking. I do not have a filter system good enough for human drinking but I can always boil it then drink it. I plan to use a pool filter system for the outdoor shower but for drinking I would have to go charcoal and sand filter.
    Thanks for the comment Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information here! I enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment and the complement Lilly S. Let me know if you need me to put my Redneck spin on anything.

    ReplyDelete