Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekend Adventures

Come to think of it, I can't remember when it was 80 degrees in January. I know Texas weather has it's own mind but wow. I am thinking on turning the AC on tonight, how crazy is that. 

The good thing about all this sun is I am having some really good FREE showers at night.
Come on, be honest. I bet you have never read a blog where anyone else tells you when they shower. I'm just saying, there is something special about it when it's free.
It seams like the water is better, the heat soothes these sore muscles better, the oil lamp lighting is better, it makes me in a better mood and I can't stop grinning the whole time I am lathering up. I know it is all in my head but I'm telling ya, there might be something to this.  

Another busy weekend is in store for the next two days. I have to find time for the kids, the animals, the projects and the wife, with all four being very demanding.

Tomorrow morning me and the wife are doing "Junkin". That is where we hit salvage places, antique malls and every place else that might look like they are willing to deal. I also have to stop by the lumber store for a couple of things for Sunday.
After our running around most of the day we are scheduled to meet with a guy who I will do a post on in the near future. I kinda invited myself to his place to take a tour and interview him and his projects. I think y'all will enjoy it.

Sunday is of course church and then that leaves only six hours left in the weekend for everything else.
While the youngest and middle girls are working on the bathhouse signs, I will be hanging the screen door. Normally just hanging the door is not at all hard, but this one needs to be framed in and installed over the sliding glass door. It will take some engineering to get this right.

I might not post till Sunday night, so y'all have a great weekend and be safe out there.

I wonder how hot my water is right now.  

12 comments:

  1. This is starting to sound very familiar. That Cam Mather guy is always saying how much better his (water, power, food etc)feels, taste and everything else because it was free. You two have something in common. I can't wait till I can say that about something besides the garden. Ya, I jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yer darn tootins the shower feels better with free water! we say the same thing about our drinking water - we collect rain in our rainbarrels and run that through our Berkeys - that is some of the finest tasting water ever! grin as big as you can while lathering up, buddy - that's an awesome set-up you got going!

    looking forward to the upcoming post about "the guy" - i am intrigued!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob - Thanks buddy

    sista - Yes, I read his website. Some of it I don't get but most is right up my ally.

    Kymber - I can't wait to see his setup. I am sure I will be full of ideas when I get home.
    I want a Berkeys really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a bath house! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy - When you finally move here you can use it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. went junkin yesterday and came home with lots of treasures besides what i was looking for...first of all, i found one of those heavy metal pots that holds six pans with plate lids and three smaller pans inside. they all slide into this big pot and are kept hot..it is old and was probably used to carry hot food to those harvesting cotton, sweet potatoes or fruit..my husband calls it a hunters dream. then i found a full size hand knitted blanket..weighs like ten lbs..then i found a full size vintage quilt (made for a boy-has cowboys, horses and such along with flannel patches of green and red and blue plaid. then i found what i was actuallly looking for. i collect those old aluminum trays and bowls with the hammered designs from the 40's and 50's. i make bird feeders and bird baths with them to resell in the craft and art malls/festivals...now i need to go junking again soon and find some interesting lamp finials... i also found some more silver forks, spoons, and knives for real cheap...50 cents ea. brough them home and they cleaned and shined up real good...will be good for bartering later maybe. enjoy that shower...sounds like it is as invigorating as skinny dipping in the creek, maybe better.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would kill to have 80 degrees right now! :) Sounds like a very productive weekend you have planned, hope it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy your bathhouse MDR...think of all of us poor regular bathers while you take yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anony - You are who I stole the term "Junkin" from.
    I hope I can find a deal or two today. We will see.

    Stephanie - So far not so good. The money was not there like I thought it might be so some things will have to take a back seat.

    Denise - I wonder just how many people have gone through the trouble to do what I did when they have a perfectly good working bathroom in their house. Off the top of my head I am the only one right now. Their might be a sanity issue here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To me, just about anything is better when it's free. I don't have solar water heating, so I've never really thought about a free shower, but I definitely see your point. Enjoy your 80 degree January. I'm in Maryland where it was 30 today. I do remember one time about 25 years ago when my brother and I drove about 30 miles to my grandparent's house for Chrismas dinner in a convertible with the top down. But that was in Mississippi not Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Tony. I have never really experienced a hard winter. I wouldn't even know what to do if I was snowed in for weeks at a time.

    ReplyDelete