Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Just Thought.....

My day was planned out minute by minute and it was a good plan too. It mainly centered around me relaxing and me watching the first race of the season at Daytona. 
I just thought I was in control of my time.

I had to play cowboy first thing this morning by helping my Dad load up and move some cows and then after that I was to finish tearing apart the little building my brother gave me several months ago down at the old farm. The plan was to be home by one o'clock or so to prop my feet up and catch the rest of the race.

 Yesterday we hauled home half the building and today we went back to get the frame work. I did not want to pull the trailer all the way down there so we did it in two trips. At this time everything was right on schedule. 
 The one major thing I did not do was take pictures of everything or label any parts. So we laid all the parts out and knew this was going to be just like putting together a puzzle and who does not love puzzles?

All I wanted to put together before I called it day was the floor. Then after work during the week I would work on assembling the rest, but family and friends started coming over lending a hand to help out. I will never turn down good help when it is available and before long we had the whole thing done.  


I missed the race but it really does not matter.
I want to thank all the family and friends that helped out and pushed me to get this done all in one day.

The only thing it needs now is the front awning attached and I'm also going to close off some of the windows so the rain does not blow in but now I have all week to do it.


If everything goes right this week, next weekend will be nothing but fencing.

We had some new people become members of MDR this week and I want to give them a howdy and a big welcome to the Redneck family. If you need anything just let me know. Thanks for joining and being apart of Modern Day Redneck. 

Yall have a good week now, ya hear.

3 comments:

  1. You know what they say ...best laid plans of mice and men ...but usually they say that when things don't work out to be productive. You got more than you expected accomplished, so good for you! My productivity level today was severely lacking. But I'm off tomorrow so maybe I can make up for it ...at least a little.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched a NASCAR race in years, but today I watched the race today, for the sake of hanging out with family and good friends . Even I got excited at the end when the 20 year old kid took the checkered flag.

    You missed it to spend time with family and friends, I watched it for the same reason. Interesting how things turn out, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank yall for the comments. I was really wanting my production level to be zero but I am happy about it now. I got all week to relax.
    I was able to catch the highlights of the race today with all the wrecks.
    It is good to see a new name take the checkered this time. I hope it does not go to his head.

    ReplyDelete