Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More Than Expected


With the temperature drop today, the high was a lovely 89 degrees. Just two days ago it was the hottest day of the year topping out at 109 with the heat index of 117. That's Texas weather for you.

The cool weather was welcomed with all the animals running in circles, rolling in the grass and hollering this morning. They needed this just as much as I did.
After work I figured I would just sit outback and enjoy the nice Northern breeze and relax. That lasted for a few minutes when just like the animals, I got the bug to start moving.
Like I said yesterday, I have been working on a new design for the solar oven and was wanting to get started on it this weekend but patience not being on my side I wanted to at least get the frame done today so I could see if it would be functional and if it was anything like I had pictured. My Dad came by to lend a helping hand and even got the bug himself and is in the process of making a solar dehydrator. That reminds me, I need to get a picture of his new DIY chicken plucker that runs off a drill motor.

With this weather I got my "Want to" back so you never know what will happen next.




"Size Matters"

No comments:

Post a Comment