Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Ewwww That Smell"

Can't you smell that smell? (or how ever that song goes)
It is starting to smell like a farm around here a little bit and it sure don't smell mini. I don't know about you but if I wanted a nice smelling rose garden I would have stayed in the City and had all those pretty flower beds with the golf course front yard to show everyone.
So I guess stopping and smelling the roses takes on a whole new meaning now when when you add in goat, horse, chicken and rabbit manure. Man I love it! It has been almost five years since we moved off the old farm and so now I'm finally bringing sexy back home. (That's funny right there)

Ok, look at this. The wife took it on her own to lend me a hand and start building some more raised garden beds. She used some wood that was off my old awning at the city house that was warping up and needed to be used. I think this fantastic, I love it. She even used the skill saw to cut the ends and still has all her fingers. I am very lucky to have a wife that is not afraid to get her nails dirty.
I tell you this, if it was not for her help on a day to day basis, then most of this stuff would not get done. So I wonder if she is going to haul the dirt and fill it for me?

4 comments:

  1. AAAAWWWWWW! How sweet! You had better be nice to that girl. She's a keeper. lol.
    And like you, I love that smell too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have kept her now for 20 years this month, or should I say, she kept me. Ok, we kept each other.
    Thanks for you comment SFG and have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and it is really sweet of you to give credit where credit is due Redneck*wink* Mike always tells everyone I'm his righthand woman!

    Congrats on 20 yrs together, it truly takes 100% on each end to last a lifetime, "Bravo" to you both! We're on 26yrs and dated exclusingly for, 4 yrs. before that. We are high school sweeties(and had to wait for me to get out of school and decide what I wanted to do for a career, LOL!)
    Off to mow, weedwhack and try not to donate all of my blood!
    Blessings for your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wife and I knew each other from about 5 years old. The fist time I saw her I told my mom I was going to marry her. We dated in high school even though she was a year ahead of me and go married at 18. The day after our wedding I started my senior year in high school. The funny thing is when I was sick or needed off from school, she had to write my excuses, it went something like this, "My Husband was sick yesterday......"
    That's funny right there.
    Thanks for the Bravo and Bravo back to ya Kelle.

    ReplyDelete