Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rains Are Gone, The Heat Is Back

Even tho it is still hard to walk through the yard due to the left over mud puddles from all the rains this past week, the gardens are bone dry. With five plus inches of rain it only took one day to dry them out. So tonight I will be standing in a mud hole watering a bone dry garden. The irony?

This is today's shot of the "Three Sisters" The corn has come on really good this week but the beans are still shooting taller than the corn and from up under the squash.
I will keep you posted on this experiment.







Look at the size of these Okra plant leaves. I don't think I have ever seen them this big before.









It has been a while since I posted a picture of the Serama mini chickens so here you go. I put a regular light bulb in with them to give you a size reference. They are just over two months old now and should not get much bigger than what they are now.



This picture is of the two month old Bantam Cochins and they are twice the size of the Serama chickens.







I got another hen a brooding. Those Heavy Cochins are some real good setters. This hen has been a surrogate mother on three different occasions now and seems to love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment