Thursday, July 29, 2010

Plans For The Weekend

It does not matter if the temperature reaches 120 degrees, things have to get done this weekend. I have come to the conclusion the weather is never going to be just right to work so I am going to have to just bite the bullet and get some stuff done. The list is not getting any shorter.
By the way, the youngest daughter took this pic of a sunflower with a bee on it in the back yard and I just had to show it off.

By the end of the weekend this pile of scrap lumber and used wire will be a big beautiful rabbit hutch. Well maybe not beautiful but it will be a rabbit hutch. I don't think they will mind what it looks like. The Flemish Giants are becoming "Giant" and are starting to get crowded for room. When completed, this will be the doe pen.





I have been working on this fence for the past week and when it got hot, I wimped out and went in the house. The plan is to at least finish this 100 foot section so we can get the Pygmy Goats on the Mini Farm if not for anything but to do the mowing for me.
Notice the red hue over spray still on the barns tin roof. That's funny right there. I don't paint nothing with a roller and brush.





Last but not least, this is a small 110 gallon rain water harvesting system I built last year as an experiment to see if I could and to see what happens with it. I still have it and plan to install it behind the mini barn this weekend. This system will supply the chickens and the rabbits with gravity feed water from the roof of the barn.







I hate these bees so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment