Saturday, January 23, 2010

Singing In The Rain

I jumped out of bed at 5:30 AM this morning looking forward to a full day of work. I checked the weather and the rain was about four hours away so I had little time to get the rafters on the animal barn. As soon as it was light enough to see, I bolted out the back door and started dragging tools out of the shed. My dad showed up at at 8:00 and I was already in progress and ready for help on the hard part.
One of the good things about my dad helping is he does not get in a hurry. He study's the situation and plans out his next move then does it. I am just the opposite, I do it then plan out how I am going to fix it. Right off the bat he noticed a screw up on the bracing I placed. Even tho I wanted to continue and fix it later, he insisted we redo the work right then. I lost about two hours of forward progress but Looking back on it now I am glad he made me redo it. It will save me a headache down the road.

We did not beat the rain but were able to get most of the rafters in place and work out some other unseen problems before we were soaked and had to quit. At one point the wife came out and was impressed with our dedication but was also concerned about us using power tools in the rain. We decided to call it and have a beer.

Tomorrow the weather will be sunny and 64 degrees. I plan on finishing what we could not get to today or until the lumber supply runs out. Also, the wife found some more good dirt to fill in the rest of the gardens and we also plan on getting the onions in the ground. I just don't know if we will be able drive in the back yard or not. I am sorry I did not get a chance to take any pictures of the progress today but I promise some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment