Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ok, Lets Work

I was all ready for a wet and nasty morning when I awoke. Instead, I was greeted with sunshine. Change of plans. I had some indoor chores I was going to work on but not now. This time of year you have to take advantage of the good weather when you can get it. I made a quick hearty bacon, eggs and biscuits breakfast for the family and headed out.

First things first. The burnables needed to get burned. My can is running over with all the paper and cardboard from the everyday normal house trash. I don't know if its "green" to burn your trash. The way I see it, I am doing my part in lowering the amount of trash going into our landfills. They say paper decomposes so it is ok to throw it away. My question is, how can it decompose inside a plastic bag? We also recycle all the cans, metal, plastic and so on. We are a family of five and I am proud to say, when we take the trash out to the road once a week we only take one can.



My list of projects is up to number forty seven. Being in this new house and on raw land, some new ideas come up after other ones get completed. It is like taking one step forward and two steps back. My next project and most important one is the chicken pen. I have the little barn all staked out and the string lines ran for the fence. All I need is the money to buy the materials.

A good friend of mine had me come over and get some wood he was not going to use. He gave me fifteen 4x4's for the fence and twenty landscape timbers for the raised bed gardens I so desperately need to get in for onions in January. So today is fence building day.

As luck would have it, Just as soon as I get set up for fencing, my dad calls me. He bought me a load of sand. He wanted me to come over and pay him for the load and start hauling it over to my house ASAP for my patio. I told him the patio project is number forty three on the list and is not a priority at this moment and why is it at his house anyway? Come to find out, he needed a couple of bucket fulls for his garden and the rest was mine and he wanted it out of his way. I told him thanks for the heads up and great planning, but I just did not have the time to mess with it and was not going to do it today.

Seven loads later, hand shoveled out of the back of the truck, I finally got the sand home and in place. It is funny being forty years old when it comes to my parents, it feels like I'm twelve.

All in all, dad was right. The rain did come in and I am glad I got what I could get done, done. I still have a lot of brick to lay and the shade top to build, but hey, I got a good start. Thanks dad.



I couldn't help but to take a couple of redneck pictures today.

This is a gray water line on blocks running from a house. The funny part is, they painted it green so it blends in.



While burning this morning, one of the girls decided to do some target practicing. She's so cute.


A buddy of mine dropped by to show me his new stress relief squeeze balls.
They work

No comments:

Post a Comment