Monday, January 19, 2015

I Said I Wouldn't

But I did

Peer pressure is something else. I was going to work on the house this weekend because the weather was going to be nice, but I didn't. I didn't want to cook chili because I had too much to do, but I did.
Our Chili Family are among some of the best folks I have ever met and when they asked us to cook with them near Waco I didn't want to let them down and miss all the fun and decided to go.
I am glad I did, but I feel guilty about it. I should have worked, but I did have a great time.  



 Jessie (the oldest daughter) came to cook with us so how could I say no.
Saturday we had 54 cooks and I only got simi finals while Candy (the wife) made final table.
With the caliber of cooks there I thought that was pretty good.










Saturday night some of the girls had a onsie party.
It was cold and we roughed it in tents, but hey were warm.






Sunday was a different story. We had 39 cooks and I took 2nd and Candy won 6th.
Would I do it again, probably not but it was fun.









Now I have to spend every evening working on the house to catch up on the work I missed because this weekend we will be cooking in College Station. Hope to see some of yall there.

I'm out,
Jerry
  

2 comments:

  1. Ah well, we don't always do what we should when we know we can have fun instead...the house will still be there and you'll get to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house will be there, enjoy the time you can with friends and family. That's what is important.

    ReplyDelete