Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another one Bites The Dust

Another year has come and gone, bringing in a new year with new resolutions, hopes and dreams.

I have always made resolutions and felt by doing so somehow I was going to be a better me. As I get older, each year I am learning that the resolutions I have made or want to make is a reflection of how or what I should have been doing all along. I am leaning on the idea that they are just attempts to make myself feel better for a short period only to be disappointed with the end results.
So saying all that, I didn't make any promises or resolutions to myself this year.

What I did do these past couple of months is gain back a little over ten pounds of the fifty I had lost, Spent more money than I should have and worried more on the things I cannot change. I guess you could say I got caught up in it all.
It was harder to thank the Lord for last years tribulations this time, but I did it and the only thing I asked for this New Year was good health for the family. Everything else just fills in the blanks.

On another note, It had been years since the wife and I went anywhere for a New Years Party. We really enjoyed getting out and dancing in the New Year. Most of the time it is hard to stay awake till the ball drops, but this time we brought it in like rock stars.
You can tell you are getting older because the dance floor becomes the most dangerous thing in the place. The song "Twist and Shout" took out at least three people. One knee was blown out along with a few ankles. It was sad.  

I wanted to Welcome in some new family members to Modern Day Redneck.
Queenacres, Mama Llama and ScrapGirlfriend
Thank you for reading MDR and being a part of all this. If you need anything just leave me a comment or you can email me. My address is on the right side of the blog.
Thanks again.

I also wanted to say thank you to all my friends out there who have been with MDR. I am humbled that you keep coming back and are interested in what I have to say. If you need anything just let me know, we are family.

As for the Mini Farm this year, there are only a couple of projects on the books this year, but they are biggins.
First I have to take down my old house at the farm. Little by little I will be tearing it down saving the wood so I can build the Girls condos out back. This weekend we are getting the cabinets, sinks, bathtubs, windows and electrical. Next weekend we will start on the roof.
The next big project will be the closed in back porch for the wife. That's going to be a pain to build but in the end it will be nice.

So there you have it, the first post of the year. I am finally back to work after about two weeks of being off with bad weather keeping me in the house. I am so rested I am tired.
Sitting around has made me hurt all over. I was not designed to sit around but I really did not have a choice. Plus being in the house brings out my OCD and all that does is make everyone mad so being at work is good.

I wish everyone a great New Year and I will be looking forward in hearing from you.     

10 comments:

  1. Hope you have the best of years, and re-lose that ten pounds just as I plan to re-lose the 7 that I've re-gained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year to you and your family. I gained five pounds this holiday season! I blame the fudge and the cookies! I made my resolution easy, bake our own bread ☺ Hopefully that won't be too hard LOL!!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I blame mine on the weather. If it was nice out then I would not have stood in front of the refrigerator so much.
      Good luck on your bread making.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to reading about your projects for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* God Bless. Hope you all have a great year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year MDR to you and the family :)

    ReplyDelete