Thursday, November 1, 2012

Buried In Projects Again

The break was nice, but it's time to get back to work.
Before I went on vacation I was doing research on some of the new projects that I have on the drawing board. I am excited to do them all and found myself almost starting three at one time. By doing that it will take longer to finish just one so I had to dial it back a little and do them in order.

First off I got roped into building thirteen trophies for the November 17th Chili Cook off we will be at. They saw the ones I build for my at home cook off and now the pod wants them for theirs. I have to build first through tenth for the chili and first through third for show. I will take pictures when they are done to show the detail that has gone into them. The good thing is that it's not all me, my teammates are doing the sanding, staining and painting. All I did was design them and cut all the wood. After I get them back then I will have to assemble all them.
While on vacation I took my scroll saw and cut out all the detailed pieces. Well, I didn't have nothing else to do so why not.    

I have my beer can solar heater all designed and ready to go. I am still collecting parts and materials, but I have enough to get started. The front glass will be from a storm door I kept because I thought I would need it someday. It will hold 100 cans and be on a swivel so I can turn it with the sun all day long. The air will be forced in, through the cans and out the top by the same solar fan I have in the dehydrator.
Tonight I start on the frame.

The next project I am ready to start is the Biosand filter. The water distiller did not work for me no matter what I did to it so for drinking water this sand filter will make the rain water from the storage tanks potable. Of course I will test the water before I drink it, but in the end this filter should do the trick.
I have been studying on this for about a year now and I am ready to pull the trigger.

The list goes on but these are the ones at the top. I am excited about the heater and filter and want them done as quick as possible. Now with a shop, my projects are being able to be completed rain or shine and the possibilities are endless.

This weekend we will be cooking chili in a little town about an hour and a half from here so wish us luck. Tomorrow night will be all about getting ready for that and believe me, it takes all evening to get ready.
The money will benefit the Wrightright Fire Department. 
We might stand a chance this weekend because all the big dogs are down south at the National Cook Off. Being this is our first year we were not invited because we did not have enough points yet. The good news is, we have already qualified for next year to enter in show so it may be a possibility to go except the drive is about 11 hours, but we will see.

That's all I got for now.     

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are back on projects! But, hope you take each of them slow & at their own pace.

    Good luck in the chili cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read about your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be watching the progress on the beer can solar heater! My hubby has been going to build one for my greenhouse so will be interesting to see one getting put together and see how it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know Robin. I will take extra pictures then.
      Thanks

      Delete
  4. I love your man-writing!! You make me crack up. Only a man would write about the beer can contraption, but I sure do love every detail!

    The trophies had been so nice, take lots of pictures! Remember that you are our continuing novel...don't leave us hanging Mr. Modern Day Redneck!

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man writing, I never thought of it that way but I guess you are right. Thanks for the compliment Lana.

      I hope I didn't let you down on the trophies. I think they are amazing.

      Delete