Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Guess I Didn't Need To After All

After forty some odd calls to the County animal control, I guess they finally got tired of me and came and picked up the two dogs that was giving me so many problems.
I am proud of myself for handling the situation by going through the proper channels and not just killing the dogs out right. It is not the dogs fault.
I never could get a call back and this morning the guys boss just happen to pick up the phone when I called. Well wouldn't you know it, the animal control officer called me within two minutes of me hanging up with his boss lady. Ha, go figure.

Work has had me slammed these past couple of weeks and I am finding it hard to post on here when I get home so late. Today was and exception and I got off at a reasonable hour. What to do with a little daylight left, mow of course. I really didn't want to and after much debate with myself and I think I even twisted my own arm, I decided it's only going to get worse if I prolong it.
I guess I didn't need to after all because as soon as I was done with the front I ran out of gas. Oh, the bad luck (sarcasm intended)
At lest the front is done.

I really don't care what happens this weekend I am going fishing. The creeks are still high but I know of a spot that I can get to if I get there early enough. It's one of the only spots there is to fish right now and everybody wants it. First come first serve.
I might just take my tent out there the night before to insure I get the spot. Kinda like those city people do when a new I-Phone comes out. "Open, Open, Open"      

12 comments:

  1. oh buddy - i am so glad that you were finally able to take care of that dog situation - i am proud of you, too! jambaloney is sitting here listening to me read your post - he says - "good job on the dogs. good job on the front yard. get your butt out good and early and do some fishun! you deserve it!"

    your friends,
    kymber and jambaloney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys. Yup, I hope they do not pay the money and get the dogs back because I don't want to go through it all again. Next time I might not be so loving.
      Like I said, I am thinking on camping out down there just to get the fishing spot.
      Thanks for stopping by, y'all have a good evening.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your fishing, don't worry about those darn dogs. If they are there when you get back you will do what you have to do. We would love to join you in the 'outback'.

    We have a wedding at our place this weekend. Requested by sub-relatives, relatives. Let's just hope they clean up after! We need a place to go for a few hours. I guess we need a bigger place, they could probably see us at less than 100 yards away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you DFW.
    It sounds like you have your hands full as well. Good luck with the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the fishing. Nothing like "drowning a worm" to set a person at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like "drowning a worm" to set a person at ease!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks John and yes it does take the stress away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't blame you, go fishing. Wish I could...I miss a nice slow cool creek and a can of worms and a simple cane pole. Bream for dinner. Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephen, one of my new years resolutions was to do more fishing and so far that is the only one I have not upheld. I hope to change that.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be proud of yourself, thank you for not shooting the dogs! :o)
    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Shar, I thought of you when I wrote this. I said to myself "she will be so proud of me".
    No really I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is hope for you after all! ;o)
    Shar

    ReplyDelete