Saturday, January 22, 2011

Maintenance

Maintenance is going to be the number one priority this weekend. It has been two weeks of bad weather so no cleaning or anything has been done in the Mini barn or surrounding areas. Everything pen needs fresh hay and new bedding.
I have to do a little fence repair in a couple areas where the big dog has started making holes and I need to do some rabbit pen rework.  

Tomorrow we have a couple of 8 week old baby goats we are going to take off their momma so I am sure there will be no peace and quiet for a few days.    
   
It will be a filled weekend without to much progress on the breeder pens but I am at least getting some much needed small things out of the way that I have been putting off or have been unable to get to.

2 comments:

  1. Maintenance is the bread and butter of the lifestyle we both lead. New projects have to wait on available funding AND available time in between routine maintenance. Sometimes getting it all done can get interesting. Kind of like budgeting. On paper, it looks like it will never work ...but somehow ...we always manage.

    Maintenance on the agenda most weekends for us. You have way more critters than we do, but our six horses probably outweigh your whole menagerie by a thousand pounds. Horses are just maintenance that hasn't decided how to express itself yet...

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment WWRWH. I wish I had the money to hire a full time maintenance and builder guy. If it was not for the wife and the girls there would be no way I could keep up with everything. That is the only way we can do this and grow bigger to one day where I can stay home and be that full time handyman I need.

    ReplyDelete