Tuesday, May 26, 2015

When It Rains It Pours

I hope everyone had a great and safe holiday weekend.

I know we needed it, but I think we have had enough rain for now. From the Red River to the Gulf, the center of Texas is washed out.  I have never heard of so many evacuations and high water rescues as I have this past two weeks. I hope all my blogger friends are safe.

I have also seen flooding where I've never seen it before. We have to drive through the lake's backwater to get out of our place and if it continues to rise, then we will not be able to get out at all.

This picture is the road to our house. It's about 3 inches below the bottom of my truck when I left this morning. 



We spent four days this weekend in Oklahoma at the South West Open Chili Cook Off. It rained on us there every day as well, but we still had a great time.


Saturday Jessie was the only one of us that placed. Here she is sitting in the top ten out of 140 cooks right next to the big dogs, the current World Champion and past champions.She represented the family well.


Me and Kylee made it to the intermediate round then hit the pool. We didn't have many breaks in the rain but when we did, we made the best of it.

As far as me, I won 2nd place in the 42 tournament and 4th place in chili on Sunday. I was the defending champion on Sunday and I gave it one heck of a shot, but fell a little short. That's okay though, the lady who won it deserved it.
Candy did cook, but she didn't make it off of the first round either day. A little disappointing for her being a celebrity and all, but that's how the chili rolls. 


For the next two weeks we will be working on the house between rain storms. We have a 50% chance everyday this week and into the weekend.  We have hot water now so all we are lacking is the kitchen. We are still using the camper to cook in, but that's about all.

I have a special post for tomorrow, you are not going to want to miss it.

Jerry

2 comments:

  1. Stay safe with all the rain.my friend lives in Texas, the pictures of the flooding are sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys are ok. Why don't ya send some of that rain our way? We've only had 1/2 in this whole month. Funny how the weather is.

    ReplyDelete