Friday, April 19, 2013

What A Week

From Bombings to Man hunts to Gun Laws to Tornadoes to Explosions to a Husband and wife killing team, it has been one big and depressing week. I normally do not watch the news, but this week I watched it every night plus listened to it all day on the radio, my brain is in overload.
I have read a lot of blogs on some of these issues as well and have my own opinions on them, but saying all that I will keep them to myself and let the more intellectual people tell me what I need think.   

Last night we had another freeze. As soon as I got home yesterday the wife had a hand full of sheets and told me to come on and get to covering. We reached the nineties during this week and I even turned the AC on one night just to sleep and now I had to scrape the ice off the windows this morning. Crazy stuff, I guess all the hoop law on global climate change is correct, just kidding, that is Texas weather.

My weekend plans are simple, get the big bird hotel finished. It shouldn't take but a half a day as long as I have one of my girls up on top putting on the boards. I am too heavy and not as flexible as I once was.

And mow. This will be the second time I have had to do the deed this year and for some reason it's not getting any funner.

And that' it, Oh I do have one little project I have been working on the past couple of weeks I want to show you, but it will have to wait till I get it finished.    

I'll get back with ya on Monday.
MDR

6 comments:

  1. We're getting the chill tonight. Thankfully, we don't really have anything but peas out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't plant any peas this year. I took all the room for tomatoes and peppers where I usually plant them. The wife called and said we didn't loose anything thank goodness. Even the corn made it through.
    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had the same crazy weather here in North Carolina. Except no frozen stuff, yet. Have a great weekend. I plan an spending a large part of it reading through your blog. I'm still on 2009 so have a lot of catching up to do. Just found your blog this week and between Grand Kids and work, I have not had much free time. PS I'm at work now so don't tell anyone I checked to see if you had posted today. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BETSY, I am honored to have you go back and read all the posts. There is only a hand full of people I know who has done that. I am sure if I did it I would probably delete half of them. It shows the good, the bad and the ugly. What you read is real life. I don't sugar coat anything and I don't pull any punches. If you have any questions you can always email me.
      You can also hit the blue "Join this site button" or follow by email. That way you can keep up when I post.
      I have dropped back to posting only twice a week or so due to my schedule. Any more than that and I would be rambling about nothing even more than I do now.
      So glad to have ya and I hope you enjoy your time here at MDR

      Delete