Monday, August 5, 2013

In Memory Of

It was hotter than the hinges of Hades this weekend and the only work that was done, was in the wee morning hours and late evening.
We were able to get all the mowing finished and even few more small things knocked off the list. But as far as big projects, none was even given serious thought.

Being the A/C was running full blast and the house was still warm we decided not to heat it anymore by
cooking so we waited till around 8:00 PM to take everything outside to cook.   
We don't like eating that late, but it was worth it, food always tastes better when it's cooked and eaten outdoors.
Some folks only do it when they have company and throw a party, but it is our way of life three to four times a week.
Y'all can keep your fancy dinning rooms, I will take eating with the bugs any day.
 Our special guest Saturday night was this little fellow pictured here, he even said grace for us.


Before I go I wanted to say this. We lost a good one this weekend. A long time friend and blogger passed away and there won't be another like him. Long time readers remember HossBoss and Yeoldfurt and I know he would be mad at me saying anything about it, but I am.
They don't make folks like these anymore and he was a true friend. I am so blessed to have had the privilege to spend time with him and call him a friend, I thought the world of this guy.
They were one of the first ones to start following MDR and before long a friendship started and if that was the only thing this blog produced than it was worth it.
We will be making the trip to be with Hossboss and honor his memory this Saturday and it wouldn't matter how far I had to drive, I would be there. This kind of friendship is so hard to find. I am at a loss of words and can only piece together thoughts here so forgive me.
In our talks and emails we would always end them with, "If you need anything, I'm only four hours away."
I won't be able to say that anymore and I dearly wished I could have talked with him one more time before he left.
I know he would be embarrassed about me saying all this so I will end it with this,
See ya on the flip side my good friend, and be assured if HossBoss needs anything, I'm only four hours away.

MDR  

  

6 comments:

  1. buddy - i wasn't sure if you knew or not....i learned of it from Felinae's blog a few days ago. i knew YOF and HossBoss back several years ago when would all chat on the apn forum - they were very good people! i also knew that you were close to him and HB. it is a terrible loss, i feel for poor HB and i am glad that you will be there for her - he would have appreciated that. we will have you all in our thoughts and prayers when you honour his memory on saturday. thanks for making the drive - it will mean the world to her!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kymber, I called him my friend and he always will be. Anything HB needs she will get.
      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. I use to chat with them too. I loved talking to him and HossBoss. If you see her tell her I'm thinking about her and praying for her. I'm glad you will be there for her. I too just found out this weekend that he pasted away. I wished that I could have talked to him more also. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete