Monday, April 27, 2015

Best Of Both Worlds

 Most of the time when we are cooking chili during the weekend we get absolutely nothing done on the house, this weekend was a little different.

We had some friends come up to cook with us this weekend at a local cookoff. Due to the massive amounts of rains we have had, the cookoff, not but five miles away, was canceled. They were flooded out. So with our friends on the way, truck already packed and spices mixed we decided to make the drive two hours away to Wichita Falls and cook there. It was well worth the trip, but Saturday was done, no production on the house. But then.......
Sunday I had some help. Two of my nephews came up to visit and sit on the porch with their old uncle. No porch sitting here, I put their butts to work. And with my dad keeping them in line, we got a lot of work done.
Super great guys and I couldn't have done it without them.

 Knowing more heavy rains were on the way I needed to get the upstairs door, windows and ceiling done so we could be a little more weather tight.
All we have left to do upstairs now is the carpet, trim, railing and water heater then Candy's craft room and trophy room will be complete.

While we were all working on the house, the girls cleaned the yard and started a fire to burn off the scraps. My piles were getting too big and started to become an eye sore so with no wind and wet conditions, Candy decided it was time.
I think the only thing we were missing was the BBQ.

Next weekend we will be in Marble Falls, a little town near Austin, to cook at the oldest chili cookoff in the world. This one will be a big one so don't threaten me with a good time, I'm there. 
Then we have two weeks off to get more work done on the house then to Durant for the Oklahoma State cook off. I should be able to finish the upstairs and get started on the kitchen but don't cross your fingers yet, I may decide to do some porch sittin.

Hey, thank yall for hanging around,

Jerry



2 comments:

  1. Hey there, love your ceiling. We put a metal ceiling in the living area of our 'barn' apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you could find the time to build this great house in between all that great chili! ha ha ha ha Don't you need a separate storage shield for all the awards and trophies?

    ReplyDelete