Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Month Ago

I actually could not believe it has almost been a month since I last posted. I think this is the longest I have ever taken off.

We have been cooking chili almost every weekend here and there. It's kinda been a hit and miss on making it in the top ten or the first in the trash. Last year our chili did great and this year it is only mediocre. The only thing to do is to keep cooking it and maybe it will turn around. This picture here was a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. Me, Candy and Jessie cooked with some great friends of ours and we all walked.
A three weeks ago my youngest girl Kylee started cooking with us and last weekend she won first place. She cooked against 48 other seasoned cooks with some being in the "Big Dog" category. I am so proud of her to do this on her second cook off. It makes it all worth it to see the younger generation doing things like this.






The House,
Well the house is coming along, slowly. Our goal was to be in it by May and that is not going to happen. I guess if I made it my number one priority then we would have made it. Here's the deal, even though it's a camper I have a roof over my head and I have a bed to sleep in. The house will get done when it gets done.
So let me show you some of the updates,

With the bathroom finished, I moved on to the hallway and the closet. I went ahead and tiled the hallway floor, but carpeted the closet. Then Candy wanted sliding barn doors to go with the horse stall look so I built the doors and installed them per her design. The hallway and closet is now completed.


 






We have already filled the closet with clothes and dressers just to get them out of boxes and out of the camper. It is so nice to be able to move around the camper again.

We have now moved into the bedroom and started work in there. We have the insulation in and the interior walls finished. This week I plan to insulate the ceiling and get the tin up. Once the bedroom is complete then we will shift gears and start on the kitchen. That is what will take the longest.  

Until next time,

Jerry

7 comments:

  1. Love those barn doors. That is what I want to use on the pantry in the barn/building at the country house. Would you be willing to share your method & Candy's design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, and I agree with DFW, love the barn doors! Your updates have been missed, so don't think we didn't notice your absence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobe what you've done so far. Can't wait to see the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your daughters first place! Understand about the house taking a longtime. We are still working on ours and it's been a few years now.

    ReplyDelete