Monday, February 10, 2014

One Of Those Weekends

The Chili Cookoff we had planned this weekend canceled. I wasn't too disappointed through. We have been cooking a lot this past month and needed the break anyway.
So I spent all weekend cooking at the house.

It was cold, wet and windy all weekend. I did spend a little time in the shop, but changed my mind after a few short minutes. With the cold, I just couldn't get motivated enough to do anything constructive.

I like cooking almost as much as I like eating. When I cook I like to try things I have not done and taste things I have never tasted.
Don't get me wrong, I would be happy living on brisket and potato salad for the rest of my life, but sometimes I want to try things outside the box.

Take Pasta Primavera for instance. I would have never though I would love this dish. All those flavors were amazing. For the meat I made a Peppercorn Crusted Beef Tenderloin to go with the pasta and a Olive Cheese Bread for a side. Some family and friends came over Saturday night to help eat all the food and afterwards play some cards.

I don't like blue cheese all that much, but Sunday night I took a blue cheese and onion cream and spooned it over Grilled Sirloin Steaks, it was out of this world. Add in Twice Baked Potatoes and Butter Garlic Bread, you have yourself a meal suited for a king. For desert I made Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes served with Vanilla Ice scream, (nothing but sin right there)

And if you were wondering, yes I did my own dishes and cleaned up. I didn't just leave it for the ol lady to take of.

We won't be cooking chili again for a couple of weeks. If the weather would straighten up I might get some things done around the house.

See ya next time,
Jerry

8 comments:

  1. Hey Jerry,

    Nothing beats cooking at home delicious meals. Have you and Kymber started food blogs???? All this food you're mentioning sounds amazing. Now I need to go forage through the refrigerator for something to eat :-)
    I'm counting days for spring to get here. Were all through with good old winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kymber has one but as far as me, I don't have the time to keep this one up,
      Thanks Sandy

      Delete
  2. So what DO you guys farther south consider "cold" weather? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not as cold as yall do SFG but I would say in the 20's is when it's too cold to do much outside.

      Delete
  3. If I ever get to Texas, I'm inviting myself over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete