Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Cook Off Results

For the ones who are keeping up with my Chili Cooking Career, here are the weekend results.
Saturday our team won 2nd in show. For our chili, I made final table and another team member won 8th.
Sunday our team won 1st in show and I made final final table again.

Okay, I want to get something off my chest about competing for show. At every cook off we set up a big area with all kinds of Texas props. We also interact with the crowd and have a good time. This is our second month cooking competitively and we are getting better and better every time.
I am not a sore looser by any means as long as I loose legitimately. First place show on Saturday set up one table, one cooker and that was it. Then he stuck his hand in a puppet monkey and walked around touching all the women. That won him first. If his booth would have been decked out like a jungle and if he had a Tarzan outfit on then I would have said he deserved the prize. If this is the case, then I don't need to haul around two truck loads of crap and spend hours setting up and taking down. All I have to do it stick my hand up a monkeys butt and be a perv.
I promised my team mates I would have a filter this weekend due to the fact I pist off over a dozen folks at the last cook off. I did just that, I was muzzled like an animal. But when they called out the first place winner of show, the muzzle was off. I don't know how many I offended.
Sunday I was a smart ass. I took a little scarecrow we had as a prop, ripped his butt open and shoved my hand inside and walked around with it. People were laughing because they knew what I was doing. After we won show Sunday a lady walked up to me and said, "See there, you just needed to find something to stick your hand up it's butt to win."
That's all I got to say about that.
   
Our next cook off will be December 1st in Irving Texas.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go. Never been to a big cook-off. They have some small local ones around here. Always fun though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the interest John. Yes, it is fun to do and way cheaper than BBQ cook offs

      Delete
  2. So how much closer are you to Terlingua next year? The crow sounds like something I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tffnguy, We have already made enough points to go next year but now it's about the money and time. That will be a week long adventure and will take some good planning.
      I hope it works out where we can.

      Delete
  3. ROFLMAO, that's funny right thar, I don't care who you are.
    YeOldFurt

    ReplyDelete