Monday, November 5, 2012

Another Chili Post, Plus Some Other Stuff

For some reason this weekend took more out of me than was expected.
 The Whitewright Fireman's Chili Cook Off was a success. Our team had a blast and made a great haul with over $1600.00 in different prizes. As far as the chili goes, one team mate got third, the wife got tenth and apparently me and the other team mate didn't even show up.
Our booth got 2nd in show, but I expected that being we were in the lion's den so to speak. At a Fireman's Fest, with Firemen judging the booths. Go figure, First place went to a Fireman, but that's cool I guess. It's kinda like homecoming, no matter how good the underclassmen build their floats, the senior float always get first place. 
I want to say thanks to all those who came out to show their support for our team. It was good to see everyone. 

I was also able to get the trophies finished for the November 18th Chili Cook Off in Denton. This was a team effort with one half doing the staining and painting and me and the wife doing the cutting and assembling. I think they turned out amazing.
Just for the fun of it I made two more trophies not pictured here. Honorable Mention and Sexiest Cook. Those are not really ever done so I thought why not.

I never meant for this to turn into a Chili Cooking Blog, but it kinda has because that is what I'm into at the moment. So if this does not interest you in the least bit, sorry.

I was able to get some other stuff accomplished this weekend though. I had all my girls with me and you see, they have this dog. It's a dog I do not want, but they have banded together to form their own democracy to fight me on keeping this dog. This dog has tore up and broke many things outside and that is one of the reasons I don't want him. Some others are the fact he in almost a hundred pounds, still a puppy, barks all the time and the list goes on and on. So anyway, being I had them all there I had them fix some of the things their dog has tore up. One being the water line their dog ripped up and broke going to the gardens.
It was painful to watch but after a while with my instructions the lines was fixed. I had the girls also clean where the dog took my outdoor cushions and decided to tear them into little pieces along with two extension cords and water hoses. Yep, he needs to go. 

Other than that, thanks to a buddy of mine who is a professional beer drinker I have now collected more than enough cans to get the Solar Heater built.
This week I will be working on that along with fixing my weed eater, mowing and repairing more stuff the dog has destroyed.   
    
Y'all have a great week.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with that dog. I have been very lucky with the dogs we have now. They aren't distructive at all.
    Also good luck with that solar heater. I have been going to make one for a while now, just haven't gotten around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your success with this last chili cookoff!

    Kinda sounds like my hubby & the - er, my dog. Hubby has taken to calling him "Destructo Dog."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. So he can't stand a dumb dog just like me hu?

      Delete
  3. Keep the dog... every prepper needs at least one dog... perimeter security (barking), attacking intruders, keeping cold people warm.... if they have long hair you can spin it and make things.... comic relief... Once he grows up he'll be protective of your property and your family... If two houses are considered for robbery and one has a dog in it, guess where the bad guy is going to go?

    Keep the dog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I have one guard dog right now and I like him. Even he hates the girls dog.
      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Cool trophies. A dog like that wouldn't last long around here! Been through that and will never have another dog because of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for compliment tffnguy.
      This will be the end of dogs for me. I have to keep my guard dog and when the little ones in the house die off I am not going to replace them either.
      I would have already gotten rid of their dog but for some reason they are making a stand. I would rather them deify me on this than other things though.

      Delete