Friday, June 8, 2012

Rain Days Are Still Productive

With the rain this week it has been tough to get much going. We needed the rain and I am thankful for it. I am also glad it came slow and easy this time instead of the way has been.

Even though I did not need it, the time off from work was welcomed. The wife and I took the time and got busy in the kitchen putting away some of the garden stuff.
She forced me into making two cases of pickles yesterday. I say forced because I do not like Dill pickles. So the way I figure it, being that I helped on the Dill, she has to do some Bread and Butter for me.

We also put up several bags of Green Beans, Squash and Tomatoes.

The peppers are all being dried right now. We either leave them in slices or grind them down almost to a powder and store them in the pantry for future use.

I also picked some Sweet Pumpkins yesterday so the wife can make me a homemade pumpkin pie. I hope that happens this weekend.

I don't have a clue about what I am going to do this weekend. I guess I will let whatever happens, happen and go with the flow so to speak.
I do know that it's date night tonight so I think the wife is wanting to try out a new Chinese Buffet place that just opened up here in town.
That makes me wonder, the last time I was through town I did not see as many stray cats running the roads as I usually do, hmmmm.......
Oh well, put enough BBQ sauce on it and it will taste just like chicken.       

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone on the input about the books. I think I will start the first one on the Hand Powered Washing Machine this week.     

16 comments:

  1. hey buddy - i'll take 2 jars of the dill pickles and 2 jars of the bread and butter pickles....thanks! also - enjoy date night. say hi to the missus for me (my goodness she is awesome!)! if you go to the Chinese place - eat ONLY vegetables - bahahahahah!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they are done I will send them your way.
      She says Hey back.
      Vegetables it is.

      Delete
  2. MDR,

    I can tell you have been extremely busy canning. Have a beautiful date night and tell the missus hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canned dill pickles today myself! We do like B&B but those I do from yellow squash. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you say about that Squash Texan? I have never heard of such. Oh crap, now I have got to do it.

      Delete
  4. Bread and Butter chips are the bomb. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dinner came straight from the garden this evening-and sure tasted good. dehydrating some preacher beans right now. i look forward to your first booklet on the washing machine...cant wait to tell hubby to get the tools out and get busy! here in n.e. mississippi there are a lot of folks that pickle their summer squash just like cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was good Anony,
      I am trying to get it all figured out on how to do it and do it right on the book thing. This is all new to me.
      I guess I am sheltered, I have never had the B&B Squash. I don't think I will be able to say for long though.

      Delete
  6. We prefer the Bread and Butter pickles, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can NOT do B&B Pickles you are welcome to em! I love dill though. I am terribly jealous of your plants I have had a handful of lettuce and beans... nothing much this year yet. Of course I have 1/4 of an acre to play on next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH, besides the shade and the sprinkler system, I don't know why the gardens are producing as much as they are this year, but I hope it keeps it up.

      Delete
  8. Don't blame you on the pickles, don't care for them myself. Sounds like the garden is keeping you busy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, this is best year I have had in a very long time. I just cam in with another 10 pounds of produce I don't have room for and don't know what to do with it all.

      Delete